Connecting to an S7 300 via MPI with Citect

PLCKeef

Hi all
I had a bit of a go with the PSdirect drivers etc , but no success.
Has anyone connected to an S7 with citect via the MPI cable ?
Any tips besides getting the $$$$ card from siemens ?

What I have learned from other threads, is that Citect requires a socalled SAPI-S7 connection (aka. "user application" in Siemens lingo) to be setup with Simatic Net. That will require a CP5611 or similar. With "MPI cable" maybe you mean the PC Adapter, unfortunately that one cannot be used with Simatic Net.

Another option is to use a 3rd party OPC server that do support the PC adapter. I think KepWare and Deltalogic have OPC servers that support the PC adapter.
That said, to use the PC adapter for a permanent connection is a cludge and does not provide the best performance.

You haven't heard of PSdirect etc ?
I am hoping someone has had some success connecting.
It's not a permanent connection , just for testing student projects on some of the machines in the classroom.