Analyzing Process - Recommend a software please

bornwild

Hello all,

Is any good analyzing software. We have a bunch of data in text files. Need to analyse. Right now we are using DIadem. Is there any alternative. We use DIadem to find out faults in the process

• Python
  • R
  • C/C++
  • VBA/VS
  • Fortran
  • gawk
It depends on the the type of analysis; could you supply more detail? None of those, except possibly VBA/VS, is likely to integrate with a National Instruments system, but all can read text files.

Depending on the type of analysis you would like to conduct, you can also try out RegEx pattern matching with the use of VSCode. This does let you go into other files and do searches.

If you are looking for a data analysis tool, might want to go for Minitab/Excel if you want obfuscation, or stick to the programming languages that drbitboy suggested.

Thank you. Actually I am looking to analyse hydraulic press to find the peak pressure and time is taking a cylinders to move. Compare with results. Make reports and graphs

Thank you. Actually I am looking to analyse hydraulic press to find the peak pressure and time is taking a cylinders to move. Compare with results. Make reports and graphs

A possible approach here might be to use the Jupyter environment: basically it runs Python (or R or whatever) on a webserver-ish process, so the analysis interface is a web browser, but what is displayed is completely within the control of the user.

Pros (advantages)

• All anyone needs to run the software is a reasonably recent web browser.
  • It saves having to install the software package (Python, R, etc.) on everyone's local machine
  • A simple single-user environment can be run on your local machine, but that does somewhat negate the previous item
  • The Jupyter server can save all of the standard processing steps in a central location; in a way it becomes a SCADA/GUI with super-powers.
  • It is easy to modify the analysis code, try different approaches, add new sections or tests
  • Plotting is built-in
  • Reasonable presentation and printable documentation of the result is built-in
  • The software is free (but as the saying goes, not everyone can afford to use free software;))
  • If security issues can be resolved (e.g. VPN), it could be accessible from anywhere (PC, Mac, smartphone, etc.).
Cons (disadvantages)

• The simplest configuration is not multi-user
  • A multi-user environment is more complex to set up, requiring a functioning web server, user credential management, etc.
  • It is a bit of a sledgehammer if all you want to do is crack a nut
  • There would have to be a way to load the text file data; if could be either an automated or a manual process.
Actually, considering the simplicity, I would be surprised if something like this was not already available e.g. for RaspberryPI-based PLCs.

Can you post, or send to me via PM, your text files and a more detailed description of what you are looking for from those data? If I have time, I can usually put a prototype together fairly quickly, which might be enough to give you some ideas, although there would be some "yak shaving" (somewhat unrelated, but pre-requisite, steps) involved for you to be able to do it on your own.