From Rockwell to Siemens Rung HELP

marvis

Hello guys,

please help me, I am a newbie on Step7.

I am working on a new project and I need to "translate" from Rockwell to Siemens this rung.. but sorry.. I need your help!

Thanks in advice.

Immagine.5png.png

Hello Marvis, it is not difficult actually.
TON = S_EVERZ, write S5T#500MS in PRESET TIMER INPUT, this auto recognize the basetime.
ONS = |P| Edge P (Rising edge)

Press F1 on timer and you see a good explanation about terminal Q and "Timer Name" Mark.
Good Luck.

Ok, thanks very much! I am working about it!

Only one question: How can I do with "TOF" timers and "TON.EN" ?

Thanks in advance.

The EN Bit is just a reflection of the logic that enables the timer
The DN bit is the time done bit. (equivalent of the Q output in S7)

The TOF timer DN bit Goes high when the logic to start the timer goes high and turns off when the timer equals the pre-set

The top rung: If A is true and B is false it starts the TON timer, the EN bit is OR(ed) around A so if A goes false the timer is Latched in or the timer will reset.

The TOF timer is initiated by the TON timer , The TOF.DN bit goes high for the time in the accumulator, the NOT TOF.DN in top rung just releases the latch (TOF timer is initiated by a pulse so the DN bit is set high until the timer.ACC value = the pre set).
(assuming A is already off).

Last edited:
I don't believe the Siemens timer has an EN bit (can't remember) but you could create a latch with a bit it's the same thing.
See pic, I do not have S7 on this pc but this is sort of what it would look like
Note: The latch will not drop out unless A goes false so the pulse of 0.5 sec will only trigger once until A goes false again.
Forgot to add, the contact with the up arrow is the equivalent of the Siemens one shot or pulse instruction so similar to RW.

Timer.png

Last edited:
Give us a few minutes & I will boot up my other PC I have it on there & try to show you. As I say, it's been some time since I used S7 so may take me a little time to code it