OT : A "Lockdown" Puzzle

daba

Lifetime Supporting Member
Yeah I know it's not a good excuse, like Christmas or anything, just want to keep those brain cells going during these trying times....

So here it is...

A train is traveling at a constant 60 miles per hour, when it encounters a tunnel.

The total time taken between the front of the train entering the tunnel at one end, and its "rear end" leaving the tunnel, at the other end, is 3 minutes.

The train is 1320 yards long, so how long is the tunnel, in miles ?

1 mile (imperial measure) is 1760 "yards"

Thought you guys over the pond weren't metricated yet, lol

Yeah I know it's not a good excuse, like Christmas or anything, just want to keep those brain cells going during these trying times....

So here it is...

A train is traveling at a constant 60 miles per hour, when it encounters a tunnel.

The total time taken between the front of the train entering the tunnel at one end, and its "rear end" leaving the tunnel, at the other end, is 3 minutes.

The train is 1320 yards long, so how long is the tunnel, in miles ?

This is impossible to calculate, there is no other units than of time in your explanation.

📚

:D