PanelView C300 and MicroLogix 1000

Beenlacoshda

Hi everyone! I have been reading forums for some time now and they have been really helpful to me. I am a brand new member here now and have my first question:

I have a PanelView C300 and a MicroLogix 1000. Right now, the application I designed in explorer for the PanelView is just a numeric display and numeric entry. It successfully can read the value that was downloaded to the MicroLogix...ok, perfect. However, for the numeric entry, I have that tag associated with source A in my Add instruction in RS 500. When I run the application and enter a numeric value, the new value is not displayed on the PanelView...

I know some of you are probably like, "duh", but is there a way that when you have the MicroLogix hooked up to the PanelView you can have active logic running? i.e. having the MicroLogix go in run mode so that the two can actively communicate when I input new values? I may have not explained everything very clearly, so I will try answering everyone as best I can.

Hope I can get some help! Thanks!! (y)