Edit Integer data table online?

Alen bradley

I have a SLC500 Processor.

My question is that can I edit the data table of N-file (integer file) while the processor is online?

I am trying to setup the comms between the processor and the MVI46-MCM Modbus card and need to edit the integer files to read the data from slave device. Doing so online, but I can not get processor to read from the slave device. So I was wondering whether I have to set up the N-files offline and then download the program to PLC?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

When you say 'edit' do you mean modify the data table size? If so, then no you can't. If you create (say) a 100 N7 registers offline and download - you can then add any of those registers when carrying out online edits. If you tried to add (say) N7:101 in your code, when doing online edits - it will cause an error and not compile.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Hi,

When you say 'edit' do you mean modify the data table size? If so, then no you can't. If you create (say) a 100 N7 registers offline and download - you can then add any of those registers when carrying out online edits. If you tried to add (say) N7:101 in your code, when doing online edits - it will cause an error and not compile.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Thanks for the reply Rob.

I am not referring to the data table size but the actual data table values. For example, change the decimal value of lets say N7:100 to 10 from 0.

Hi,

Yes. Whilst online, highlight the register and just type your new value into the data table and press enter (as long as it's not being written to from somewhere else in the code or from a HMI say - it should change).

Regards,

Rob