RS-logix does not recognize a PLC ML1500

Raul

Hi dear PLC Experts !!
I am sure that you are familiarized with this type of Allen Bradley PLC Micrologix 1500,
I am new with this and I am experiencing a problem trying to download a program to the PLC ML1500 1764 LSP BXB,
I have already configured the RS-232 driver with the RS-Linx software, but at the same time that the message "configuration succesful" is displayed,
also appears another message: "however RS-LINX does not recognize the processor device"
and then right in the window where the ML1500 icon should appears (next to the 00 DF1-COM1 computer icon)
is shown a question mark icon named "unrecognized device"
and it does not let me download the program...
Have you ever been in a situation like this ?? if so, please tell me what do I have to do!!!
I know this is a piece of cake to all of you !!

Your friend Raul

What version of RSLinx are you using? An outdated version might not know about the "new" ML1500 processor.

beerchug

-Eric

Eric Nelson said:
What version of RSLinx are you using? An outdated version might not know about the "new" ML1500 processor.

beerchug

-Eric
Dear Erik
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
I tried with RSLinx version 2.0 and also with ver 2.20, I know by now that I have to use a newer version of RSLinx...
Can you tell me how can I update my RSLinx Software Thru the internet?
do you know a web site where I can do this ??
Once again thank you Erik

Raul

kellian said:
When configuring driver do you select SLC-CH0/Micro/Panelview in the device field
Dear Kellian
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
Yes, I selected SLC-CHO/Micro/Panelview
I tried with RSLinx version 2.0 and also with ver 2.20, I know by now that I have to use a newer version of RSLinx...
Can you tell me how can I update my RSLinx Software Thru the internet?
do you know a web site where I can do this ??
Once again thank you Kellian
Your friend Raul

Re: Allen Bradley support

rsdoran said:
http://support.rockwellautomation.com/

Go there and look on left for downloads/utilities to get the latest version of RSLinx. THIS may require registering with AB to access this area of their website. RSLinx is available for free there but it is a limited version.

Thanks for your answer Rsdoran !

I'll try to update my software on these sites...

Your friend Raul