Generate HMI / SCADA tags from S7 project!

nebula_1979

Hi everybody,
i read this forum since a couple of years but i never post on it, cause i found every time the answer i need.
But today i made the move because i just found this incredible tool: it's called S7 DB Tags and it looks something not present in the market.
Is it someone here that have it. It's not free and before buy it i just want to know if it's really so smart and reliable as the author say.

This is the description of it:
http://www.runmode.com/s7dbtags.html

"S7 DB TAGS GENERATOR decodes any S7-300/-400 datablocks in your Step7 project and generates a tag for each variable.
It parses simple and complex types, arrays of structures, nested UDTs and so on.
No HMI / SCADA brand-bound ties! The utility outputs the data in Excel (XLS) or Comma Separated Values (CSV) format thus allowing extreme flexibility in creating your own HMI/SCADA tags table.
While running as normal Windows' GUI application, the S7 DB TAGS GENERATOR runs also as command line so that it can be called by your own automated procedures.

The S7 DB TAGS operates on S7 source code exported as AWL text file by Simatic Manager, while the association of symbolic names and DB indication is done by an ASC file exported by the Simatic Symbol editor. These files are easily and quickly generated by the Siemens S7 programming software.

Just feed the S7 DB TAGS with these two files and you will get thousands over thousands of tags in a matter of seconds. This utility pays as soon as it saves you a few boring (and error prone) typing hours."

Runmode S7 DB TAGS

Well, why don't you contact us at runmode.com? We'll give you way to check the effectiveness of the tool.

Cheers