SCC Ratings

Nearbyatom

I have 2 panels. Main power comes into the main panel, Main panel will distribute power to the motor control panel. I need an SCCR for the main panel, but do I need it for the motor control panel too?

Yes. Every panel must have an SCCR label.

jraef,
However, just as an FYI, the 2014 NEC Article 409.110-4's (exception): "SCCR markings are not required for industrial control panels containing only control circuit components."

I don't have the 2017 NEC so this may have changed.

It sounds like the OP's panels probably have motor starters in them and therefore would require a short circuit current rating marked on them, so you would indeed be correct.

Why does interpreting codes, standards and specifications have to be so difficult? Ugh!!!

jraef,
However, just as an FYI, the 2014 NEC Article 409.110-4's (exception): "SCCR markings are not required for industrial control panels containing only control circuit components."

I don't have the 2017 NEC so this may have changed.

It sounds like the OP's panels probably have motor starters in them and therefore would require a short circuit current rating marked on them, so you would indeed be correct.

Why does interpreting codes, standards and specifications have to be so difficult? Ugh!!!
Yeah, good point. I automatically consider that, meaning I don't bother thinking about SCCR for anything below a control transformer's primary fuses. But when telling other people I have to remember to make that clear. Thanks for catching it.