S5 to s7 conversion, but the code is locked!!!

mo_mesbah

Hi
I am quite new in this forum, and I hope this is the right one ;)
I have a code in s5 that I want to convert it to s7. The problem is that there are labels in the code that I cannot find!
It is like I can not see some parts of program in some FBs.
As an example in FB 69 I have:
;
NAME: ORGANI
BEZ: ODAT DKF

SPA =M001
BE

And I have nothing after BE
Seems that the code is locked! And it does not let me to convert the code to s7.

Please help!!!

This is quite common is S5 programs. It's been a while, but the story goes something like this:- When the program was first created a NOP was placed after the jump instruction (SPA).
When the block was completed, the NOP instruction was replaced by the BE instruction either programmatically (S5 is capable of self modification) or with a hex editor.
When the block is opened in S5, the BE signals to the editor there is no more program to display, but of course there is more. I've not attempted to "unlock" a block like this recently so maybe someone else can chime in. Copy the FB to a small S5 project and post it here.

The file you just posted does not seem to be an original S5 file from STEP5. What programming software do you use?

Here's a quick look at the code....

Highlighted is the start of the program

JU= X
BE
X:LW= ODAT
T FW 214

s5P.JPG

If you change one command from 65 00H (BE) to f.ex. 30 40H ( L KH), you will probably be able to read the code with your prog. sw.

Edit; No, no! 2D 02 (JU ) to 30 40.
Kalle

Last edited:
Do you close the hexprog inbetween?
Kalle

Edit:
My earlier post was a bit confusing. The code should be changed from 2D 02 to 30 40. Now you s5 should interpret this as L KH6500 instead of a jump and a BE.

If it still does not work, we could try to load the code to a CPU and change the code online.

Last edited: