Micro850 HSC addressing 2080-MOT-HSC

samhint

I was looking at the HSC function block in connected components and was stumped by the documentation on how to address the input for the HscID in the APPDATA. It's showing hex but the value is an INT. Then it talks about bits, so just don't want to make an assumption on something here and have an issue with an install. It seems like it's otherwise a straightforward way to program with these modules.

The following is copy and pasted from the documentation:

The HSCApp.HSCID parameter identifies the High-Speed Counter.

The following table lists the values for the HSCID:

Output Selection: First word of HSC Function Data
Bit: 15-13
Module type of HSC:
0x00 - Embedded.
0x01 - Expansion.
0x02 - Plug-in Port.

Bit:12-8
Slot ID of the module:
0x00 - Embedded.
0x01-0x1F - ID of Expansion Module.
0x01-0x05 - ID of Plug-in Port.

Bit: 7-0
HSC ID inside the module:
0x00-0x0F - Embedded.
0x00-0x07 - ID of HSC for Expansion.
0x00-0x07 - ID of HSC for Plug-in Port.
For the initial version of Connected Components Workbench, only IDs 0x00-0x05 are supported.

Thanks for any insight

Did you ever figure this out?

I have a Micro850 with a HSC in Plug-In slot 1. I can't figure out how to set the HSC ID. I keep faulting the PLC with HSC ID errors.

I've just come across this. I don't think you can use the HSC instruction with the 2080-MOT-HSC. You have to use the HSCE instructions.

technolog, you are correct. After too many hours I finally got it to work.

You have to use the HSCE and HSCE_CFG. And it seems a lot more complicated, but it's not. Just make tags for each of the inputs and outputs (I just named them exactly what they are called..eg HSCEChannel).

I have a Micro850. This is what I have for the HSCApp.HSCID config:

Module Type: 2
Slot ID: 1
HSC ID: 0

Also make sure you set the HSCE Run bool to a 1, so it can run the instruction block. And give you Accumulated values.