I have stratix 8000 I which pass data but cannot ping nor web into

cocsbob

I have a number of AB Stratix 8000 and 5700 switches which are passing all data but I cannot web into them nor ping them. these switches go into an IT manage HP switch then into my network. My IT guy says his ports are configured correctly for native VLAN and set as trunk. I have had him makes changes before and had other equipment start working but he is reluctant about letting me know what he found or did.

anyway "IF" his HP switches are configured correctly anyone have an idea why my Stratix won't web or ping but pass data? I have talked to Rockwell tech connect and their engineer said it sounds like HP switch config.

Too little information to help, really.

It would be helpful to know the IP addresses, subnets, gateways and have a network diagram to provide anything meaningful.

Could be as simple as IT configured the switch to prevent pings and port 80 connections for 'sea-cure-tee'. Could be the network design, could be something misconfigured. Without knowing more, it could be be just about anything.

Do you know what the management VLAN and IP address is for these switches? You may not be on the right VLAN, or you may not have the correct IP's.

You can always connect using the console port and telnet or SSH get more information.

thanks for replies

yeah I know it is vague, I am not sure of the topology as the guy who set it up is no longer here and not forthcoming about how it was set up or topology. the switches IP are set up correctly for management IP as well as VLAN, I compared them to other switches within fiber ring network.

Today I plugged into Stratix switch on my network and I can ping and web into all Stratix switches on fiber ring at plant I am at. by doing this it excludes IT switches. The PC in my office goes through two IT switches to get to that same Stratix switch and I am unable to ping those same switches I was able to hit plugged when plugged into Stratix.

So I am back to fighting battle with IT to prove it is their switch causing issues. they replaced an older HP switch with an HP blade switch this is when I started having this issue. I was able to ping and web into my Stratix switches before they changed their switch. Their pat answer is "it your guys stuff", they won't listen to reason. I may have to get my division manager to get with IT division manager to get them to work with me.

I appreciate the input

So I guess you can call this closed for now.