Migration legacy PV1000 to PVP 7

Derminator

Hi, im looking to migrate a 2711-K10C10 to a 2711P-T12W21 Panelview Plus 7 Standard.

I migrate the PV1000 application .pba file in FactoryTalk View studio ME edition version 8. All goes well. I create the runtime file. Put onto stick and into Panelview Plus 7 unit and copy the application into destination area.

When i load the application, i get the following fault "The terminal can only run HMI applications (MERS) designed for PanelView Plus Compact or PanelView Plus Standard terminals. Please load an appropriate HMI application(MER). "

Its as if i have selected the wrong unit ? although i do not have a PanelView Plus 7 standard as an option for selection in the project settings in ME, i only have Project window size selections which does not list standard as an option ?

Any ideas are appreciated .. nothing in knowledge base of note from what i could see

Any chance it is set up to communicate with more than one controller? Or it has >100 screens or >500 alarms?

Those are the main limitations of Standard that seem potentially relevant; a migrated application seems unlikely to be using viewers or be changing display mode.

I'm at a loss then.

It seems to be detecting that the application has *something* that's not supported on a Standard, but I'm fresh out of ideas as to what.

In the Project Settings where you select the Window Size, you can specify which PVPlus 7 you are using and then select whether it will execute on a Standard or Performance terminal.

There are also options just based on screen size. I think those will work on the older models and the PVP7 Performance, but with the PVP7 Standard, you have to tell it that it is a Standard model.

OG

It does not have a PVP Standard option on the drop down box only screen sizes and PV 7 ME. I have picked the correct screen size but this yields the same fault.

The application has 30 screens and 207 alarms and comms with one SLC505 controller

If I am not mistaken PVP 7 Standards are limited to 25 screens.

Yes I read the tech manual and it says 100, but I've always been told 25

EDIT: Compact is limited to 25, that's where I'm confused

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken PVP 7 Standards are limited to 25 screens.
PVP (6) Compact were limited to 25.

PVP 7 Standard the limit is 100.

See the comparison chart here.

EDIT:
It does not have a PVP Standard option on the drop down box only screen sizes and PV 7 ME.
I can confirm this is the case. For non-7 models there are separate listings for the Compact and regular models, but for 7 they are listed as 'Standard/Performance' with the exception of 4" Wide (only available as Standard) and 19" (only available as Performance).

Last edited:
EDIT:
I can confirm this is the case. For non-7 models there are separate listings for the Compact and regular models, but for 7 they are listed as 'Standard/Performance' with the exception of 4" Wide (only available as Standard) and 19" (only available as Performance).

Ah, but the OP has version 8 of FTV ME Studio, that doesn't have the listings like that (I checked on V11 and it does have the listings, then I booted up a laptop with V8 and it doesn't have the standard/performance selections or the option to execute mer as standard/performance)

The PVP7 Standard Limit is 100 screens and 500 faults for FactoryTalk View studio ME v11 with the latest patch roll-up.
For v8, the limit on a standard PVP7 is still 25 screens and 200 faults.

Access Level: Everyone
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/0703392

I'm not sure if this is directly causing the error you're seeing, but I had to learn this one the hard way.
The older manuals and comparison charts had notes about this, but they seem to have removed them from the latest releases.

So yeah it was version 11 that bumped the number of screens from 25 total displays to 50 replace and 50 on top. Then a patch updated version 11.0 to a total of 100 with no distinction between types of displays.

Alarms got bumped from 200 to 500 in version 9.0. So your version 8.0 application has too many alarms and too many displays to use a Standard terminal. If you can get your hands on version 11 or newer software and then do a firmware upgrade on your terminal you should be able to move forward.

When upgrading from older PV terminals, the PVP7 Standard would be used to replace PanelView Compact units. The Performance edition is what we are supposed to use for all non-Compact terminals.

OG