1784-PCMK and Windows 7

bluenoser337

I am "upgrading" an XP laptop to Windows 7. I have a 1784-PCMK Series A card. Having trouble finding specific drivers and getting the card recognized in Device Manager. Do I need Series B? Also, looked on older Linx CDs but still haven't located a driver that works. :confused: Thanks! RB

I am "upgrading" an XP laptop to Windows 7. I have a 1784-PCMK Series A card. Having trouble finding specific drivers and getting the card recognized in Device Manager. Do I need Series B? Also, looked on older Linx CDs but still haven't located a driver that works. :confused: Thanks! RB

Is the W7 64 bit or 32?

Odds are you will need a 1784-U2DHP, sorry for the news... on second thought I would use the old laptop for the PCMCIA and load the newer to the new laptop

I doubt you will get it working.... I tried many times

If I were you I would by an old laptop from ebay and use it for the PCMK, I sell an aftermarket DH+ cable but unless you are going to use it all the time it would be cheaper to by an old laptop and keep using your PCMK

If you did not have anything then it maybe better to by a USB to DH+

I used the PCMK on Windows 7 for years. It worked fine for me. Windows 10 was a whole different story. Pretty sure the drivers were included in RSLinx. Let me look back a few versions and see where they were included/removed.

OG

Looks like version 2.54 was the last to include the PCMK driver. I've included the .sys and the .inf file here. It was written for Windows 2000/XP but it worked for Vista and Windows 7 too. At least it worked for me :)

Last edited:
Looks like version 2.54 was the last to include the PCMK driver. I've included the .sys and the .inf file here. It was written for Windows 2000/XP but it worked for Vista and Windows 7 too. At least it worked for me :)

32 bit or 64? I always had issues but most were updates and not a freash install