Analog output not working? FX5U

Tomtom79

I have a brand new FX5U 32 MR/ES which has a built in AO and two AI.

I have enabled them all and AI works as expected. I can see values in SD6020 and SD6060 changing when I put a battery to it.

I can do a MOV to move the value from an AI to SD6180 which is the register for the AO. BUT the value on the analog out never changes. It is always 10V. Even if I have no program and only change the value in the watch window there is no change on the output.

Am I missing something? Do I have to set some register to activate an output voltage change? Or is it hardware related so I have to connect for example V- to 0v?

I have ONLY the L and N connected at the moment. Also S/S to 0V for a source input setting but even with this disconnected I see the same thing.

Or is the unit broken??

Just a wild guess here... do you need a load across the output? Spec says 2kohm to 1Mohm. Maybe try putting a resistor across the output.

Thought about that too and connected it to the second AI port. So a battery to AI1 and AO1 to AI2.

The AI/AO is a value 0-4000 and AI2 always read 4000 (and multimeter 10.3 volt. AI1 reads 653 when battery connected, AO1 says 653 in program (with a MOV instruction).

Did a lot of connecting to and from, and suddenly I got a readout! Now I get the 653 on all inputs/output when I connect the battery and what I know I have not made a change! With or without load I get the same.

I love to solve a problem but hate when I can't know what was the problem... Strange!

@prasedenica
Why do you put links that are not related to post ?!

goghie, he/she was a spammer and is now deleted... if you see unrelated links please click on the lower left corner and report them so it can be deleted