Kinetix drive in stock forming ?

Kataeb

It will depend on how long the drives have been left without power, in general it is a good idea to power spare drives up at least once a year or even better every 6 months, if they have been in storage longer than that then it would be a good idea to use a lower voltage then increase it over time.
Reasons for forming:
the dielectric oxide layer starts to deteriorate if not powered for a time, this dielectric oxide layer reacts with the acidic electrolyte and the oxide layer starts to break down. When the dielectric layer starts to deteriorate, there will be a large leakage current that will flow when rated voltage is applied. This high leakage current flowing through the capacitor with the deteriorated dielectric can destroy the capacitors.

Rockwell is kind of weird about this. They recommend cap reforming on all of their "VFD" products but not on the K5700 platform. I never asked about the K6000 family or the K300/350.

I consider cap reforming like insurance. The chances of me ever using my homeowners insurance are pretty slim. But you can be sure if I ever drop the policy the thing will burn to the ground the next day. For what it costs versus leadtime to replace a drive, I would have the caps reformed.

Keith