Character Translation Issue

AB11122

This may or may not be the right fit for this forum, but I'm hoping someone can recognize my issue and help me sort this out.

I'm working to translate some files from a Takamaz controller. I have their software set up and have uploaded the program successfully. Some of the subroutines open up alright, but many do not open up and give me a "file not found" error. In the file folder in Windows Explorer, many of the subroutine names do not match.

The builder has been slow to get back about some info and we are in crunch time here. I'm attaching 2 files:
- One shows the list of PLC subroutine names that don't open via the PLC software.
- The other file contains the list of names in Windows Explorer that do not have a reference in the PLC software.

From my past testing, I know for sure that I only need to match the correct names and the files will open. The files in Windows Explorer have PLC content in them, and I have successfully paired other such files.

I can edit the names via the PLC software and also Windows Explorer. I'm stuck on these because of the strange characters and have had no luck translating them.

I am aware that a few files in Windows Explorer will not have a match. There is a quantity difference, and this is OK.

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I believe your issue is what is called "mojibake". It is was happens when special characters are translated by a program that isn't setup. A quick google search and it sounds like you are dealing with a Japanese CNC. Try setting your computer up with Japanese as a second language and try exporting it again.