Classic Anybus gateway's PC connector

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, does anyone here sell the cable for the classic Anybus "PC connector"?
I have a customer who has an old machine and he would like to retrieve the configuration data from the Anybus gateway.
I did find some information in the literature for the legacy Anybus products, as shown below.
I think I could make the cable but since I would need to go to the site for testing and so on, I thought it may save a lot of time and effort to buy from a professional industrial cable person.
HMS Networks does not seem to offer this cable (can't dfind it in their website), and HMS Networks Japan does not even want to help because the machine was imported from Europe and this gateway was not sold by HSM Japan, so my customer is in real trouble.
It seems the cable looks like the below picture.
Thanks for your comments.

PC_Connector_HMS_Anybus.png

RJ11 is a pretty standard analog phone cable. Personally, for a one off job like this I'd just make it up myself. I have a DB9 connector with all the wires into a strip connector... when i come across an odd ball like this i just wire it up whatever the other end is to my strip connector. It's easy to swap RX and TX that way.

With only 3 wired being used, you can't really mess it up

Saffa, thanks. I think you are absolutely right. I found this thing in Amazon that would make it even harder to get it wrong, and deals with the complexity of dealing with RJ9. One can hookup the RS232C side with screws an the RJ9 I simply buy a normal telephone cable.
Again, thanks for encouraging me to think a bit harder.

RJ11_DB9.jpg

Last edited:
Hi AlfredoQuintero,

The drawing on your first post showed RJ11. I believe it is a slightly different shape to the RJ9, so maybe just double check that. Its been a long time since i last crimped one but I'm pretty sure they were different dies in my crimp tool.

Maybe do a Google search for "DB9 breakout to terminals" and see if you can find something local. I've always found it easier to use a pre-made cable, cut off and strip one end, then wire accordingly to my DB9 serial breakout connector. For one off jobs anyway; if I'm going to use it more than once then i take the effort to build a sturdy cable!