FTView SE Datalog Model to Numeric Display

junior

Hi, I'm using FTView SE 8.2. I have a datalog model setup to log to a file set three tags from a PLC once a day. I don't want to display the tags in a trend, but I do want to display them in numeric or string displays. Is there a way to tie the datalog model to the numeric or string display using VBA?

I will also add a forward and back buttons, by pressing them, the values in the numeric or string display would update by going back or forward a day.

TIA
Jr.

Save the values in an array in the PLC and display them from there.

This is what I'm planning on doing. I also need store the date in the PLC so I can display the right values for each day. Using the datalog model would be much easier.

I was also thinking using a hidden trend on the screen and using the "getvaluebarposition" property to get the values. The issue with this is I need to know the exact time when the data was recorded into the datalog model otherwise the result is interpolated between data recordings.

Jr.

Make a UDT with Date/time and value. And name if you like. Make an array of them. Done.
FTView's datalogs are trash.

If you are concerned about PLC time, sync it to your PC regularly.

You could also use VBA to write values directly to Excel, or SQL, but the more you can eliminate from FTView, the better.

For the record, this is about a 2 second job with Ignition.

This is what I'm planning on doing. I figured with the flexibility of VBA, FTView SE would have a method or an object property that would allow you to access the data directly in the datalog model. Perhaps in v10 of FTview they will add it in. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the help.

Jr.