Eurotherm Drive - Runs Max Speed

kootni

Hi
Following on from my previous thread, i managed to get the motor running but the problem now is that as soon as i turn the potentiometer (10k Spectral pot) it goes full speed. Cannot run slow. Its either Full Speed or No speed.

My motor is 1.1kw, 9A.

I read through the manual and tried to adjust SW switching to different combinations, tried to adjust different settings on potetiometer adjustment on drive but still the same problem. Either full speed or no speed.

Am i using the wrong drive to run the motor?

manual:
https://www.parker.com/parkerimages/automation/ssd/cat/english/HA389427.pdf

Just a guess, but if you have your analog input configured as 4-20mA and you connect a pot to it, as soon as you turn the pot it is going to go to 20mA of current.

Can you turn the pot slowly and see a 0-10 vdc ?
(With the drive off)
You didn’t describe what the pot/voltage is doing

@JRW havent tried that.
But dont think can do it with drive off as input voltage is coming from the Drive into the pot

Put your meter on terminals 2 (common) and 4 (speed setpoint)
The way I see it - turn the pot from low to high
The voltage should be close to 0 through 10vdc

Page 15
4-1

Last edited:
2 (common)to 6 (current setpoint)
Is what I see for current limit.

I take it you didn’t use the second pot for speed limit?

Last edited:
4 and 5 are jumped if your not using the speed limit.
I see it as 2 to 6 since your using current limit.
Your pot is the current limit control.
Again. Make sure you get a 0-10 at 6 (current limit)

This is the way I see it

By the way. Since your using this type control it might appear the motor “taking off” because you have no load. You have a load connected right?

Last edited:
@ JRW checked the voltage. As soon as turn potentiometer it goes to max 10V, hence goes to Max speed straight away. I am using Spectrol linear potentiometer.

Is this where the issue is? Pot is brand new bought recently

@JRW
Could it be that pot is not working properly. I am using Spectrol Z782 with wire 1 for +10V, wire 3 for 0V and 2 for Wiper.