Using 1783 NATR with Siemens S7 PLCs.

PreLC

Hi,

I have S7 Profinet PLCs with local IP addresses in my plant. Can I use the 1783-NATR to configure a 1:1 NAT to get to the plant network?

Regards,
-PreLC

Update, it works! I had to add these to the "custom rule" section under Configuration>Network Address Translation. Otherwise I didn't get a reply back.

80 was for the webinterface, 102 for Profinet.

tcp/udp 102
tcp/udp 80

Regards,
-PreLC

I am currently trying to do the same thing, could you go into a little for detail on how you got this to work? I do not see a custom rule in the NATR setup. Thanks

I am currently trying to do the same thing, could you go into a little for detail on how you got this to work? I do not see a custom rule in the NATR setup. Thanks

Can you please share pictures of your NAT table? I'll try to guide you the best I can.

Yes, that is what I wanted.

If you have these rules, and the PLC still isn't communicating, have you set up the gateway on your S7 NIC to be the local address of the NAT? Is your NAT's gateway set to your plant's gateway address?

After this, can you open wireshark and see what error messages you get while using your client software(TIA/S7manager/Ignition etc)? The error messages would have port numbers, which would be used to see which ports further need to be opened up.

Regards,
-PreLC

Fixed! thanks

Thanks for your post PreLC!!

I just made what you recommended (Customs rules) a set Gateway Siemens PLC as the same as NAT (private network), and it is working.

Thanks for your help. đź“š :D

Thanks for your post PreLC!!

I just made what you recommended (Customs rules) a set Gateway Siemens PLC as the same as NAT (private network), and it is working.

Thanks for your help. đź“š :D

No problem man! If you discover something cool in the future, make a post too!