Recipe in TIA Portal

IdealDan

Hi guys,

I need some heads up in PLC part of Recipe Auto and Manual logic operation. I'm from Process background.

Assuming for 3 different recipes involving different filling QUANTITIES and TIME via a conveyor system, how is the logic developed? I checked on youtube, just seeing creating variables in Program Data Block, connecting to HMI Tag and configuring HMI recipe then Recipe view Screen,

Isn't there ladder or FBD logic required for the recipe itself to work (I don't mean other auxiliary part of the PLC Program)?
Is creating variables like QUALITY and TIME on a program Data Block enough for the PLC part of the recipe ?

I'm not 100% what your question is but if you want to control quantity and time, then your plc would have a tag for quantity and time, then them tags are connected to HMI, HMI will change the value of that tag depending what recipe is selected. Your plc program then needs to do what it needs to do with them tags. For example the time tag might be in seconds, convert to milliseconds and use on a timer.

Usually I like to store recipes in the PLC though and not use HMI recipes function. In PLC I would create UDT for structure then an array of however many recipes I need, I feel its easier/quicker to do, I can change recipes values either online or drag tags into scada etc