OT: Windows Server Forum?

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
Dealing quite a bit with Windows Server and thin-client type issue lately. Our IT department deal mostly with enterprise level stuff so they aren't much of a help in this regard.

I looked around and spicework seems to get a lot of traffic. Any other suggestions?

Do you want an equivalent to Spicework?

Zabbix is free, but somewhat daunting to set up (can run on a Raspberry pi).
PRTG is another one that IT recommended to me. PRTG had a 50 node free license, but I see it's been removed.

My predecessor rather than getting any of these set up decided to buy a Kepware SNMP driver and map some variables from the switches and server to FTView. A stupid waste of money really, but hey ho.

Similar Topics

Hello: Question for SCADA/HMI experts. One of our customers is responsible for planning and selection of key technologies for manufacturing...
Replies
Views
I know this is a way off topic question, but its for automation. I have a Windows 2008 R2 server that I need Remote Desktop Licenses for. On...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Status update for posterity, and also request for help! I have spent the day installing as much RA software as possible on Windows...
Replies
Views
I would like to run Intouch 2012 (10.5) stand-alone on Windows server 2016. I know it is not officially supported. Any experience out there?
Replies
Views
Hi guys. We use a desktop computer running a application via factorytalk to allow operators to interface instead of a HMI. The hdd is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom