RSLogix500 - Card isn't appearing in IO configuration

Tjkeets90

I have an 1746SC-CTR8 card which isn't appearing in the IO configuration list.
I have added the EDS file for the card, is there anything else I need to do?

This is for RSLogix500 - SLC PLC

Thanks.

I am no expert but is that a spectrum controls module by the looks of the part number?

not sure if the applet will recognise it. I have a similar set-up on a site but wont be there until Monday to check how it is done. I am sure the answer will be given by then.

Hi thanks for the reply.

Is there no other way of doing it then?

The PLC is in another country, I am rewriting the program for it.

The PLC is in another country,...

Does the client have RSLogix500?

If they do see if they can go online and do a IO read, save the project and send it to you. Plus verify the program copy is current with what you have - you may have an older version before the SC card was added.

Also do a save of the current data files, which is always a good idea every time you go online with a PLC.

unfortunately they do not.
I will just have to write the program and then read the IO once I'm there and copy my program over.

Thanks.

unfortunately they do not.
I will just have to write the program and then read the IO once I'm there and copy my program over.

Thanks.

Archive a copy of the original program before any edits and when you get there first go online with it and verify it matches what's in the PLC.

If it has the SC card and your version doesn't it still sounds like you have an older version of the project.

Keep good notes on what your edits are, and why, rung by rung so if you have to upload the current use file, and then start anew, all your edits can be put in it. Hopefully without too many changes for the changes you encounter.

EDIT: Plus add 20 extra hours to the quote for an "Engineering Change"

Select OTHER for the module and enter the ID Code of 10401

https://spectrumcontrols.com/download/manual-1746sc-ctr4-ctr8/

Page 25 section 3.1

OG

Here is pic of what Operaghost is explaining.
attachment.php

1746sc-ctr8.JPG

this is a MUST procedure learned from experience.

when you get there, upload the program and save it.
copy it to another location as a backup.

the program i the plc is the master, you may not have the latest working program, timer, counter, data values.
COMPARE what you started with (hopefully you still have a copy) to see the differences, program, timers, counters, data.
modify your program accordingly.
hope this helps,
james

Thanks for all the replies.

The program I am updating it with will be nothing like the program in it now.
I am sticking in a bespoke scada system so the PLC will just transfer data to and from a PC. so no need for backups.

I will use the option mentioned so I can program it for now.