How to Map to an SD Card in a Productivity PLC

REHJ

Hey guys,
I am using the logging function of the Productivity PLC (P-550) to log 64 tags into a CSV file. I can access these files using the normal web browser and the IP address on network. But I need to be able to put these files into a PC Folder on network so I can access them using a database on a daily basis. I am sure there is a way to do this since you can obviously do it with Html code... I am just not sure of the mapping??? I remember doing something similar several years back and it involved getting the actual address style figured out that was something like //servername/some other info/// directory/filename.???
and this was called like a UDI ADDRESS or something...
May be a similar issue here but I can not find anything on it!!

[email protected] ... if you have any advise...(( I am not sure what the last email address I put in this system for answers was :( )))

I'm not going to know the answer, but I do know automation direct tech support is pretty good, and free.

call and see what they say, they'll be the best bet since it's their product.

Command line mapping in Windows environments would be in the format:
\\Device\share user password
It is covered under the NET USE command in Windows.

NET USE
[devicename | *] [\\computername\sharename[\volume] [password | *]]
[/USER:[domainname\]username]
[/USER:[dotted domain name\]username]
[/USER:[username@dotted domain name]
[/SMARTCARD]
[/SAVECRED]
[/REQUIREINTEGRITY]
[/REQUIREPRIVACY]
[/WRITETHROUGH]
[[/DELETE] | [/PERSISTENT:{YES | NO}]]

NET USE {devicename | *} [password | *] /HOME

NET USE [/PERSISTENT:{YES | NO}]

Command line mapping in Windows environments would be in the format:
\\Device\share user password
It is covered under the NET USE command in Windows.

NET USE
[devicename | *] [\\computername\sharename[\volume] [password | *]]
[/USER:[domainname\]username]
[/USER:[dotted domain name\]username]
[/USER:[username@dotted domain name]
[/SMARTCARD]
[/SAVECRED]
[/REQUIREINTEGRITY]
[/REQUIREPRIVACY]
[/WRITETHROUGH]
[[/DELETE] | [/PERSISTENT:{YES | NO}]]

NET USE {devicename | *} [password | *] /HOME

NET USE [/PERSISTENT:{YES | NO}]
STEMAPPLICATIONS
I have tried to make this work but not able to find the proper syntax to make work... I want to put this as a routine in a VB.Net Program so I can download the files and arrange them in a windows folder so we can use a database program to access them...

So far this is what I am getting from AD :( The guys you talk to are GREAT!! But the boys in the back have no plans on making this easy!!

This after I asked when this feature (FTP) would be available!!

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that it will ever happen. In fact, it is currently not on the road map for the Productivity PLCs, at least not in the immediate future. You need to plan as if it will never be possible to access the SD card, even if that means you don't use the Productivity PLC.

Regards,

Technical Support Team

Ah.. you want to write the CSV files from the PLC to a network drive. For some reason I didn't get that.

The only way I licked that problem was to send the CSV files by email. You can do some some pretty good stuff with the email and logging function combined.

I've done 3 different schemes for 3 different projects. One is daily, one is hourly and the other is fast logging to the second.

Do you have a CMore in the project as well?

Ah.. you want to write the CSV files from the PLC to a network drive. For some reason I didn't get that.

The only way I licked that problem was to send the CSV files by email. You can do some some pretty good stuff with the email and logging function combined.

I've done 3 different schemes for 3 different projects. One is daily, one is hourly and the other is fast logging to the second.

Does the PLC even support this ? You can often do this on CodeSys PLCs as such as Beckhoff as they also have windows or WIN CE environment, I have seen it documented for Siemens 1200 Series, and the Control Logix can do it with a lot of complex Code.

The best bet to log 64 Tags to a CSV would be to put in a red lion unit (datalogger) with a 1GB flash card and use that to do the logging.

SD Card Read

Sorry for delayed response but I don't often get the chance to come back to this as much as I need to!! I have tried the email approach but could not get it to work on the first attempts... I will try again soon! But will it give me the oportunity to delete files after I email them? That I think is fast becoming an issue with this... after this logs several files there is an issue with the web reader logging into the SD card... sometimes it goes right in and others it just dont see it...Thanks!!

The best bet to log 64 Tags to a CSV would be to put in a red lion unit (datalogger) with a 1GB flash card and use that to do the logging.

I concur. I have several Red Lion HMIs doing datalogging as well as using FTP to place them on a client PC. I even have one of them reading them back in and renaming them and putting them back over on the computer because their 4th party data collection system is too dumb to look in subfolders, but you can make a Red Lion do just about anything reliably.