Prevent Simatic Start Centre auto start

Marc_U

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have just installed Siemens "WinCC Flexible 2008" on my laptop, however I have noticed that now when I power my laptop up, the 'Simatic Start Centre' also automatically starts, and its icon appears on the bottom bar (RHS).🔨

How I do I prevent this??

As I use this laptop of other (non-Siemens) projects, and do not want to waste computing resources un-necessarily.

Right click icon > Simatic WinCC Flex Auto Start > Disable ?

Already did this, but it is still appears on in the bottom RHS corner.

The only way I can get rid of it so far is by right-clicking on it, and selecting "Exit". Which I shouldn't have to do, since I didn't start it in the first place.

Install it in a VB - shut down the VB - shut down Siemens.

What's a VB??? :unsure:

VB = Virtual box.

Disabling it effectively stops the background components fom being loaded, but if the icon is bothering you:

Start > Run > msconfig > Startup > Deselect HMISmartStart > Reboot