Valid node numbers are between 0 and -1

Harmony.hrc
Harmony

Both should be under RSCommon. If RSlinx has run, it will have generated those two files. If not, you may have to un and re install Linx.

they aren't in there but rslinx has run and regitered the slc fine...i'll uninstall and reinstall and see what happens, thanks

First pic shows rslinx connected

next 3 pics show me being forced to enter -1 into the node address and not being allowed to go online

does this have anything to do with me using a usb serial cable? Does the SLC 5/03 automatcially default to a different protocol or something? Despite the fact i can see in rslinx?

jimmy, go back and reread okiePC's post #14. See pictures below.

What you are trying to do in the doc you posted is useless and will not get you online.

Click on Who Active Go Online

ClickonWhoActive.JPG

Then Select processor then click Ok.

SelectProcessorthenClickOk.JPG

If you don't have a matching file you may be ask to upload.

Last edited:
I have no experience with the USB-485 converter you are using, did you install any required drivers that it needs?

Do you have a screenshot of RSLinx showing the PLC you are trying to connect with?

If you can see it in RSLinx, try going online like this and don't worry about the system preferences...

who.JPG

I cannot do who ctive go online in rslogix, when i try nothing happens, no error message nothing. The frustrationg thing is that i can do it in rslinx...

jimmycooker said:
I cannot do who ctive go online in rslogix, when i try nothing happens, no error message nothing. The frustrationg thing is that i can do it in rslinx...

I'll repeat okiePC, screen-shot - show us what you see.

Lads,

When in RSLogix 500 I do the following:

Click on comms tab
Then click on 'who active go online'

and nothing happens, no error message, no box, nothing.

I re-installed RSLinx but still cannot find the harmony files mentioned in post 16...

downloaded rxlinx (non lite version) solved the problem....sorry for taing up som much of your time over something so small, i relly appeciate your help, cheers.