Extreme temperature conditions

Tresancos

Hi!

I have a project where the PLC works in extreme atmospheres, such as -30ºC . Before install it the PLC has to been tested in a climate chamber at -40ºC. I can't find companies that supplies PLC to this conditions.

Which PLCs could be installed in such conditions?

Thanks for the answer

🤞🏻

find companies with a marine approval like DNV, LLoyds, GL etc.
i use WAGO PLC (with Codesys) they do have approval, these low temps are not the biggest problem, the higher ones are.
operation is from -20 to +60
extended range is possible, however there will always be some heat by the PLC, so a little heating in an insulated box should be possible.
The biggest problem with low temps are the capacitors mounted, the rest is no big issue.
Another possibility is to make yourself a small board wit a mega328 very simple no external parts needed. see arduino for examples)

Have a look at the Twido Extreme from Schneider

http://www.global-download.schneider-electric.com/85257578007E5C8A/all/0359D15C740CCFEA88257577000C0742/$File/35013462_k01_000_05.pdf

from the manual
Environment Characteristics

The operating environmental characteristics are as follows:
Characteristic Description
Operating temperature range -40C to +110C (-40F to +230F)

Last edited:
-30 is normal tempereture here in winter time. Therefore we are heating houses, as well PLC-Cubicles. Inside The Cubicle we can use insulating material as polyurethane plate in door and walls.

Rittal have suitable heaters and thermostat that you can enable voltage for PLC etc. when temperature is enough warm inside. Remember humidity also.

Then after, you can use everything you like.

PANEL.jpg