SLC 500 questions

greg_schnabel

I'm new to the PLC game and I am trying to set up a slc 500 system for my E-bay junkie boss (all my stuff is used and I have no paperwork. I would really appreciate any help that I can get.

1. I have a panel view 1400e and a 1000 standard. Do I need panel view software to run them, and what all do I need to make them operational?

2. I have questions over my programming. I have a 1746 NT4 and am really not sure how to program for my thermocouple functions.

I'm sure there will be a lot more along the way, but for now these are my pressing questions. Thanks a lot,

Greg

You have a challenge ahead!

Greg,
Welcome to the PLC game and for all things AB you should visit their web site for manuals.
You can download all the manuals you need or if you are in a rush, try contacting your local AB distributor for hard copies. Most of the AB distributors will give you a copy of any manual you need for free. This is a great place to ask questions and get good answers, well most of the time anyway. Since you are new here, you should check this out. Also, Phil has done a great job with this. Don't be afraid of the challenge, it is fun and mistakes are just a part of learning anything. Have at it!