Studio 5000 Logix Emulate - Is this a free software with RS Logix 5000 or support ?

It's no different than downloading to a real processor.

I would certainly have serious doubts about one's professionalism when witnessing one downloading to CPUs dud applications...I meant downloading a functional application of course...Should have I stated 'functional' too?...Offline or Online you still have to 'clean it up'...:D

A Run Mode Emulator with present, uninhibited, physical IO is useless...Why would you download a non-functional application...Because you could?!...Go figures...I've thought we're here to share practical and useful information...Not the 'Alternative' kind...:D

... but it's something that makes emulating CpLX a real pain.

Had you been approaching CompactLogix applications the proper way, it wouldn't be any more hassle replacing the CompactLogix CPU with an Emulator than if replacing a ControlLogix...Map all IO to internal tags in separate routines...Copy the routines into a different/blank project...Delete the routines from the project to be 'emulated'...Replace the CPU with an Emulator...Download the functional application to the Emulator...Test your application...When done, replace the Emulator with the original CompactLogix...Paste in the IO mapping routines...Some pain huh?...:D

I would certainly have serious doubts about one's professionalism when witnessing one downloading to CPUs dud applications...I meant downloading a functional application of course...Should have I stated 'functional' too?...Offline or Online you still have to 'clean it up'...:D

A Run Mode Emulator with present, uninhibited, physical IO is useless...Why would you download a non-functional application...Because you could?!...Go figures...I've thought we're here to share practical and useful information...Not the 'Alternative' kind...:D

Had you been approaching CompactLogix applications the proper way, it wouldn't be any more hassle replacing the CompactLogix CPU with an Emulator than if replacing a ControlLogix...Map all IO to internal tags in separate routines...Copy the routines into a different/blank project...Delete the routines from the project to be 'emulated'...Replace the CPU with an Emulator...Download the functional application to the Emulator...Test your application...When done, replace the Emulator with the original CompactLogix...Paste in the IO mapping routines...Some pain huh?...:D

You make me laugh. Thank you for that.

You're welcome...Don't mention it...:D...

Hey, at least you've learned how to paragraph quote today...I sure wasted a lot of time knocking at a locked door...Unbillable time that is...:D