1-Phase VFD - Does it have to be derated?

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
If a VFD is already classified for single phase input, does it still need to be de-rated? Will the motor(specs) shown below, work with the listed VFD specs or do I need to go with a VFD with higher Amp rating? Trying to avoid a step-up transformer and I haven't come across a VFD rated for higher amp rating than what is shown below that can work off a singe phase 115VAC supply.

Thanks.

1Phase VFD.png

it should work no derating necessary
from what I see it has a voltage doubler built in
120 1Ph supply with 230V 3Ph output to the motor
what band is it it looks like it may be Yaskawa

it should work no derating necessary
from what I see it has a voltage doubler built in
120 1Ph supply with 230V 3Ph output to the motor
what band is it it looks like it may be Yaskawa

I think that’s a Weg part number.

But correct, no de-rating necessary because it is already rated for single phase input. 1-1/2 HP is the upper limit of 120V input, because beyond that the voltage doubler circuit becomes more expensive than a transformer.