FactoryTalkView ME language problem

mister x

Another FTView dandy.

When I try to run the ME Station (V10.0) on the PC, HMI text is all ?s (except the alarms windows). I get an alarm with a yellow exclamation mark in the status window that says:

{English (United States), (null)}is not installed in Windows on the local machine. Some strings may not be formatted correctly.

This statement is accurate lol.

I tried changing the language in the Windows 10 control panel, but it didn't make any difference. Anybody come across this?

All good now.

Weird, selected US English instead of Canada on the ME Open Application window after a restart. All the languages show installed though...I'm gonna blame Windows 10 to spread the hate around.

There is no need to blame windows. Never try to not use US english in FTV :)

At least add it as a language in your project otherwise you can't import anything from sample projects.