FactoryTalk View ActiveX Error

JDCROCKETT724

I am trying to restore a runtime file at a customer site and I am getting an error “Unable to load ActiveX control for display (display name here). Cause: ME IPInfo Control: Newer File version of ActiveX control required”

I think it has something to do with the file using the "IPInfo Control" as I can restore other runtime files with the same firmware. I am using Factorytalk View 10 and I have installed and verified I have the latest patches.

Almost makes me wish I had Siemens... Almost

That talks about how to use it but not about the error I get when trying to restore the runtime. Technote 758299 talks about this error, but I do not have access to the technote. Any ideas? How do I go about upgrading my ActiveX since that is what the message is saying.

were you changing the firmware version on the screen, I had a problem years back were I had to go into my software and manual change the Active x control to a different file
version Tech support talked me through it
I don't use PV anymore I use Weinview

I was not. Just taking an MER file from an HMI and trying to restore it. The ActiveX that was used in it must be newer than mine. I am trying to update it.

Unfortunately, I don't get to choose what my customers have. Just have to work with it.

To check which version of ME_IPInfo.ocx you have go to:
Typical location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSView Enterprise\
Open a properties details of the file.

ME_IPInfo-ocx - Copy.JPG

Another thing to try is launch/run the runtime .mer and navigate to the screen that has the ActiveX control ME_IPInfo then use FactoryTalk Diagnostics Viewer to see if more information is given for the error.