Sample Code For Ge Fanuc Robot Interface

FANUC to AB generic ethernet module connection

Hi,
I am a student doing my project on connecting a AB L16 to a FANUC R30iA controller.
Does the default Ethernet port on the R30iA controller support EthernetIP same as AB ?
How do I connect the FANUC controller to AB PLC ? Does anyone have a sample code ?
I have RSlogix5k to view the code.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am a student doing my project on connecting a AB L16 to a FANUC R30iA controller.
Does the default Ethernet port on the R30iA controller support EthernetIP same as AB ?
How do I connect the FANUC controller to AB PLC ? Does anyone have a sample code ?
I have RSlogix5k to view the code.

Fieldbus support (Ethernet/IP, Profinet, etc) are options on Fanuc robot controllers. If the controller supports it, it will show up in the I/O menus. Search youtube, there are many videos to help configure fieldbus protocols if the controller has the option installed.

If u are interested in a sample code in OMRON,UNITY,STEP7 or AB , I can send u one. Do you have any of the above software.