difference between the two

mobil1syn

Lifetime Supporting Member
so on the left i have the 1794-IE8H and on the right the 1794-IF8IH. if i understand the manual and all my reading, the IE limits me to run two wire transmitters only and is powered by the card, so no outside power needed. the IF8 allows for 2,3,4 wire devices and needs outside power to run the device.

signals for this job will 4-20ma.

Untitled.jpg

it would appear i left that out.

is my understanding of the difference between the two correct?

it would appear i left that out.

is my understanding of the difference between the two correct?

It also looks like the 1794-IF8H has isolated channels. It's not clear if the IE does as well but that would be worth looking up in the data sheet or manual.

The 1794-IE8H module accepts up to 8 analog inputs. The inputs are non isolated and will accept current in either of the following two ranges: 4…20 mA or 0…20 mA. The default input range is 0…20 mA. The inputs have both fixed hardware filters and selectable firmware digital filters. The module is used with 1794-TB3G or 1794-TB3GS terminal base with all commons and power terminals interconnected; module is designed to support 2 wires devices only.

The 1794-IF8IH module accepts up to 8 analog inputs. The inputs are isolated and will accept current in either of the following two ranges: 4…20 mA or 0…20 mA. The default input range is 0…20 mA. The inputs have both fixed hardware
filters and selectable firmware digital filters. You can use 1794-IF8IH (isolated) instead, with 1794-TB3, 1794-TB3S; devices supported are 2, 3, 4 wires.