Fx-3u plc to pc pinout

If you are talking about the programming port then this is 422 not 232 so will need a converter lead i.e. SC09 and if you do not have a legacy 232 port some USB to 232 converters will wirk with the SC09 cable.
There are a number of alternatives like USB to 422 (Compatible versions of SC09). Just search for FX3U programming port there are loads out there.

Not really it is 422, however I once read an article where somebody added a resistor across two pins and was able to communicate via RS232, I have never tried it and I would be reluctant in case it damaged the port.
you could look at this pinout it shows a 232 to mini din with added resistor just ignore the 25 pin connector this is for connecting the older FX range.
I must re-iterate I have never tried this so it's on your own head.
Alternatively buy the SC09 about £90.0 or search Ebay there are plenty on there
http://pinout.net/Connector-Wiring/664/Mitsubishi SC-09 cable scheme

There is also this on Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/sourcingma...+mitsubishi&qid=1573733566&s=computers&sr=1-3

Last edited:
I think it will only support 232 with optional port that fits on the end.
That is more expensive than the cable

I think it will only support 232 with optional port that fits on the end.
That is more expensive than the cable

It's a while since i have been in the Mitsi world but the add on RS232 card won't allow programming will it ?

Its still not clear form the OP if he's talking about programming access or connecting to PC for other means, as pointed out above eBay has loads of copy SC-09 to USB cables for around £10

you can use it for programming, I have in the past & it states it in the manual providing you do not set the CH1 parameters.
This is taken direct from the manual
Communication
procedure
Non-procedure, dedicated protocol 1 procedure, dedicated protocol 4
procedure, protocol for programming tool

Providing no one has set it to other protocol (D8120 = 0) then it defaults to programming protocol.