PowerFlex 525 - can you access the parameters from a MicroLogix 1400 & CompactLogix

PowerFlex 525 - can you access the parameters from a MicroLogix 1400 & CompactLogix

Good Morning ,

I have a separate stand alone machine that I want to change its conveyor from another machine via Ethernet. Can I create this drive in the Ethernet tree in a Controllogix as a new module , and have it create the controller tags ? If so can I write to the command frequency, and possibly override the MicroLogix 1400 commands ? Or I may just cancel out that speed reference from the MicroLogix 1400.

Thank in advance ,

Yes, you can. Your best bet is to put the drive in the ControlLogix tree and set up ethernet comms to READ the different VFD commands from the ML1400. You can then use logic in the controllogix to override the micrologix commands if need be.

The micrologix can control the drive via ethernet directly but is very limited in the types of commands, and its pretty janky in general.