Honeywell dr4500

dcam

Lifetime Supporting Member
Cant Find a pen calibration feature like you find on ABB commander 1900's.
Somehow the print in condensed ....using only part of the chart. A setting that allowed for more travel of pen so it uses the whole chart is what I need. Been messing with it for a couple hrs, any chart experts out there?

Problem with display scale

Here is the problem child and here is our test bench proper scaled

Protien Chart ProblemEdit.jpg ProperSize.jpg

The Printing Adjust instruction is probably a hidden category to prevent busy-bodies from playing with it, as it appears has been done (or else the pen arm drive is slipping).

The instructions for pen arm adjustment are here:
https://www.honeywellprocess.com/library/support/Public/Documents/44-45-33-35.pdf

The instructions start out by describing how the LOCKOUT setting must be set to NONE in order to view and access the PRINTING ADJUST parameter.

++++ is factory default password (four plus signs). If the password hasn't be changed and ++++ is the password, then using the FUNCTION key when the ++++ is displayed advances to the next screen.

I don't know the backdoor password if there is password and you don't know it.

The Printing Adjust instruction is probably a hidden category to prevent busy-bodies from playing with it, as it appears has been done (or else the pen arm drive is slipping).

The instructions for pen arm adjustment are here:
https://www.honeywellprocess.com/library/support/Public/Documents/44-45-33-35.pdf

The instructions start out by describing how the LOCKOUT setting must be set to NONE in order to view and access the PRINTING ADJUST parameter.

++++ is factory default password (four plus signs). If the password hasn't be changed and ++++ is the password, then using the FUNCTION key when the ++++ is displayed advances to the next screen.

I don't know the backdoor password if there is password and you don't know it.

Check section C.1 of the manual.

Thanks for your responses. This was an issue that effected the total span of movement on the thermal print arm, not off center. I had went through the print adjust options and was looking for the print arm motor adj....found in manual but could not access on chart, (most likely a permissive not set). I turned over to a jr tech before I left for Halloween vacation. Saw in an email he replaced the whole motor assembly and it apparently fixed the issue.....still perplexed because print was sharp and clear, just condensed....... I love this community, makes me feel not alone when i hit a dead end Thank you