AB Generic string communication

Hi there! can you give me a hand with point 4 I just can not modify this value to 20 ms or I do not know how to do it. thank you in advance

I used this AOI in V30 just a few days ago. Did you copy and past the code or import it? If you copy/pasted it, all the values will be initialised, including the MSG structures and tags, so nothing will work properly. If you import the AOI, the following is all you will need:

1) SKT_MSG_Client_Create.Path is $01$00
2) SKT_DATA_Client.Create_Source.Addr.Port is 20001
3) SKT_DATA_Client.Connect_Source.DestAddr is 192.168.0.157?port=20001
4) Set your Client_Data.Timeout in the AOI Configuration Dialog(e.g. 20ms)
5) Enable the client
6) Write the data

Be careful which program you use to check the comms. I have had mixed results with different programs, and Hercules works well. See how you go (y)

Hi there! can you give me a hand with point 4 I just can not modify this value to 20 ms or I do not know how to do it. thank you in advance

Modify these values in the tag being used by Client_Data in the AOI. In the case of my example attached; that tag is SKT_DATA_Client.

Tag.PNG Timeout.PNG

I always forget the numbers, so for anyone looking for this information it is in KB QA29502 snipped below.

You can send Message (MSG) instructions out the enterprise port or the device-level port. The only difference between the MSG instruction configurations is the path.

The port names and purposes are the following for 5380 controllers:

Port A1 - Designated the enterprise port and used to interact with the enterprise network.
Port A2 - Designated the device-level port and used to interact with the device-level network
When you configure a MSG instruction on a CompactLogix 5380 controller that operates in Dual-IP mode, use the following paths:

Enterprise port (Port A1) - 3, IP address
Device-level port (Port A2) - 4, IP address
If the controller operates in Linear/DLR mode, the path is 2, IP address.

When messaging to a 5380 controller, the path will always be terminated to the 5380 controller.

If the path is entered for the wrong mode a possible 16#0009 extend 16#0000_000c error code will result.

Note: When messaging to slot-based controllers (1769-L2x, 1769-L3x) you must be sure to follow the destination IP address with 1,0 in order to reach the backplane and subsequently the processor.

Example Path from A2 port in Dual-IP mode to a 1769-L23E: 4,IP_of_L23E,1,0
Additional information on this message path can be found in Ethernet Message Path Between Older CompactLogix Controllers

Example Path from A2 port in Dual-IP mode to a SLC500 5/05, ML1100 and ML1400: 4,IP_of_controller

Further information is available in the CompactLogix 5380 Controllers User Manual, publication 5069-UM001.

Note: If the controller is in dual IP mode, make sure that both channels are enabled.

In the other notation:
For example, for a path of 1, 0, 2, 42, 1, 3, enter
$01$00$02$2A$01$03

thank you so much for all your help! hey where i can find the document you quoted "KB QA29502 snipped below."

KB are Rockwell KnowledgeBase articles. This particular article requires a TechConnect level access, but some articles are an Everyone access and freely available.

You can access tech help here - Signing up should still be free, but higher levels of support require TechConnect or Support Contracts.
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/