Lookout overwriting setpoints to Scadapack

defcon.klaxon

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys,

I have a client that is running Lookout as their HMI, and they have ancient Scadapacks out in the field. They had me program a spare to replace one out in the field, but something odd is happening. Every time they try to change a setpoint, it reverts back to the old value after a few seconds. I'm planning a trip down there to take a look at what's going on, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas why this might be happening. When I check the comms statistics, the site has 100% success so it seems like comms are good and the program is executing. I can't really think of what else it could be, nothing else has changed. Any idea would be very helpful, thanks!

Hey guys, just wanted to post the solution to this just in case, for whatever reason, someone happens upon this post from their searches.

The root cause of the issue was, for some unknown reason, EVERY register in the old Scadapack I programmed for the client was forced. Literally, every register that was used in the project. I have no idea why this would occur, the force wasn't there when I reprogrammed it (I specifically remember powering off the Scadapack, repowering it, and ensuring the Run light illuminated before I shipped it to the client, and I would have noticed the Force light being illuminated). So when I got on site and opened the panel, that was the obvious problem.

However, it should be noted that in Lookout, when I change a value in a setpoint, it would revert back to the previous value *until the remote site had successful comms, and then then value would display as what I changed it as*. Don't know why Lookout does that, but at first I thought something still wasn't working right and tried another site that I knew was working, and saw the value revert back for a few seconds. So anyone dealing with remote Modbus over radios in Lookout, be aware!