Medoc to Mitsi. A series PLC

Geordie

Hi, I am trying to communicate with a Mitsubishi A2A CPU using a
MEDOC SC-03S2 interface, my Mitsi. programming software is MEDOC V2.30
For some reason I can no longer communicate with A series CPU's only the FX range of PLC's, I have the same problem using the Beijer SC-09 RS232/422cable also. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.:(

I know it seems a silly question, What operating system are you using & have you got a proper COM port. I think some converter cables use the power from the PLC, however it's possible that the SC03 uses power from the Com port.

Medoc to A Sieries

Hi, thank you for your suggestions, I will check the settings of the Com Port 1as my PC is an old Tosh running Win 200 Pro. it has served me well for years but this problem is a new one for me, what is strange is that I can communicate with the 'A' Series PLC via 'Pass through' on a Beijer HMI, E900 or Mac50.

I think I remember, although I may be wrong, that the FX port and the AnA series port did not use the same handshake (the lines that control send and receive). I used both in the early 90's

Everything worked when Medoc ran in MS DOS, but maybe in Windows there are problems.

I recommend that you try to connect with a software for windows like GXDeveloper. I think the newer GXWorks doesn't support AnA cpu's

That's interesting, The Beijers HMI's have the capability to force the PLC to alternate port parameters. I came across this some time ago. I had a system that had a E700 connected to a FX2N, The com settings on the HMI were for 19200 baud, and I could communicate through pass through from an I/O server. However, when I removed the HMI it would not communicate. I found that Mitsi plc programming port defaults to 9600 if power cycled. If I communicated using GX Developer first at 19200 it worked. The conclusion is that GX Dev & Beijers HMI are capable of requesting port parameter changes on the PLC. I'm not sure about A2 series but FX definitely default to 9600 and can be forced to other baud rates, I monitored the traffic & GX definitely communicated at different baud rates when first going on-line. Although this is probably not your problem, have you tried power down & up the plc without the HMI & try to go on-line.?

Hi Parky, I'm not able to work on the problem until tomorrow but I will try your suggestion and post the results, thanks to you all for your prompt assistance.

I also remember that we had several SC - 09 cables and one of them stop working with AnA plc but continue to work with FX