Pump powering and control question

awalasheen

Hello Everyone,

We have 2 pumps we want to power with the following conditions, and I am having some questions I need help with, hope I can found answers to my questions:

* Single power cable for the 2 pumps (4 Cores x 16 sq. mm) to feed pumps and lights. (pumps are 400V and lights are 220V)
Q. Is it possible?
* Switch to divert power to one of the 2 pumps available. (Like a power path sector switch)
Q. Is it possible?
* Pumps must be operated exclusively locally at the pump operation box, manually.
Q. Is it possible? How to do it?

Thank you all in advance

Pumps.png

1) 400v to 240v Transformer
2) Double-Throw disconnect
3) Start/Stop (buttons or switch) circuit through door of enclosure with starter inside

More details are needed.

what are you pumping?
where are you pumping to?
is a backflow valve needed?
what is the area classification of the controls and pumps?
is this indoor or outdoor application?
is a vfd used to power the pumps?
size of the motors? 16 sq. mm is a hefty cable so I would use dual motor starters for the pumps and have safeguards in place to ensure the pumps have come to a complete stop before restarting them. this still depends on if a vfd is used.

regards,
james

What you are describing, from the pump control aspect, is called a "duplex pump control panel". Many manufacturers of control equipment make and sell them already built, or will build one to order. The aspect of powering the lights is just a tap off connection of one phase to neutral.

As a general rule, this is not a free design service website. You appear to need help with basic electrical control systems, I strongly suggest finding a reliable resource close to you that can help you.