"Usage" view in RSLogix5000 Ver 19

I remember the old days while using RSLogix5 or RSLogix5000; you can see the "Usage" of the words/bits in the tag list to find out which of the bits (From the boolean data file) are used. When I right click on the columns in the RSLogix5000 Tag Monitor/ Tag editor field, the "Usage" option is grayed out. Anybody has any idea why would this so? I have RSLogix5000 Professional - So I thought it should have all the options available.
Any suggestions?

Regards,
--Rahul.

I would guess the answer as something to do with that PLC5 & SLC500's are "file" base processors with small file sizes where the CL5K family is tag based with much much bigger file sizes. So if they were to give the option it would take a long time to search thru the program for each bit of an array.... or something like that.

I agree but it's not completely impossible. It would make the programmers' life easier. As they have that option with grayed out, I think there might be some way to enable it or I was wondering if anybody has come across the same issue and found any solution..

At the top of the tag monitor/editor window is a button labeled "Show"

Click that button and set the filter option to "Unused"

Unfortunately, the "unused" filter has some limits: for example it will not work for you to show which bits inside a DINT tag are "free" to be used, as they are not considered to be a tag... o_O
Only way to know which bits are used inside a DINT, is to do a Cross Reference of the DINT itself, so that you may deduce which are still "free"... it is not so easy as legacy software was, but could do the trick.

- fuzzy logic

Unfortunately, the "unused" filter has some limits: for example it will not work for you to show which bits inside a DINT tag are "free" to be used, as they are not considered to be a tag... o_O
Only way to know which bits are used inside a DINT, is to do a Cross Reference of the DINT itself, so that you may deduce which are still "free"... it is not so easy as legacy software was, but could do the trick.

- fuzzy logic
it seems very strange to me that the term 'usage' would be present, but not have the ability to select it. There must be a way to enable this. Has anyone figured this out?

Usage means something else

The last sheet of the powerpoint presentation below shows that the usage column is intended for a different purpose than what we were thinking.
https://cours.etsmtl.ca/gpa754/.../NewFeaturesRSLogix5000_v16.ppt