Graphics for Valve open/opening close closing faulted

qwemx

Hi
Can anyone send me 5 or 6 graphics for a valve showing the following states for TIA Portal v15.1 wincc
open
opening
close
closing
faulted

Last edited:
Using Siemens PCS7 as a guide, (your colors may vary).
A closed valve is Medium Dark Gray in color and the valve icon is perpendicular to the flow. When commanded to open, the valve changes position to parallel with the flow and flashes green/white while opening. Once open, it becomes solid green. When commanded closed, it moves to perpendicular again and flashes gray/white while closing. Once closed,it is steady gray.
If faulted it stays perpendicular, turns red, with a Lightning bolt through the middle.
If interlocked, it stays in the "safe" state, usually closed, and a small padlock symbol is shown.

To me that would need an absolute encoder feeding a HSCE counter to know the position. At a power restore the position might be unknown.

No.
this is how it operates Valve open signal goes to the solenoid, it opens the air pressure and this air pressure opens the valve - when valve is fully open it will press a limit switch and there are contacts changing their state. on power loss the valve stay in the position therefore the contacts state is same as before the power loss on . on power up the feedback will be same as it was before the power-up.

OK, if at power loss it stays full open or closed then the limit switches would tell the position. As long as if it were not full open or closed it did move to one limit.

When you said "when air pressure is lost it maintains its position" I thought it meant any position (35% open, 50% open, etc)

OK, if at power loss it stays full open or closed then the limit switches would tell the position. As long as if it were not full open or closed it did move to one limit.

When you said "when air pressure is lost it maintains its position" I thought it meant any position (35% open, 50% open, etc)

Yes what you have said is correct. In that case the operator has to open it after restart or close.
however if the power loss happens when it was closed then on restart of CPU close feedback will still be there