Modicon E984-275 PLC Assistance

scantime

Hi all, I have been tasked with a project involving a Modicon E984-275 PLC. I have, unfortunately never used this type of PLC before and would appreciate some assistance as it may save hours of searching. I would like to know the following:
1. What piece(s) of programming software is used for these PLC's, and is it still available for purchase?
2. If the software is still available, what OS is needed to run it? I'm assuming it will not run on 64 bit Windows?
3. What is the upload/download sequence to load a program to/from a E984-275 PLC, and are there any other compilers, etc. needed to complete this task?

I know these are fairly involved questions, so I appreciate your time taken to view and answer my questions! Thanks..

My very first project was with a 984 and ProWorx NXT was the software running on Win 95. The software was free if less than 25 networks.
Do you have a printout of the program? Or maybe the digital copy ?

There was 3 programming softwares for the 984 as far as I know. The first one was Dolog and it was from the time modicon belonged to AEG. This is a very old DOS based software very similar to step5.
Then it was modsoft that was also a DOS software and the latest one was Proworx NTX which in my opinion is the worst PLC programming software I ever used. I think nowadays Unity pro with M340 plc offers some migration tools given that you have a backup of the 984 code. I dont know details as I never used it. For the cable I used a simple RS232 cable I made myself.

http://50.244.15.10/techlib/Modicon/Modicon Compact PLC Manual.pdf

Pls check page 50 of the manual.

Last edited:
Ah, sorry, unfortunately we don't have either, and that is the issue, this does not seem like a typical PLC where we can create a new file by "uploading" the latest code directly from the PLC.