You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 19th, 2003, 09:34 AM   #1
vha23
United States

Looking to send/recieve real time data between PC - PLC

Hi, I'm pretty new to plc programming. My current project at work is to design a c++ program that will be able to communicate to an allen bradley SLC 505 plc via ethernet. ultimatly, i'm looking for the pc to recieve data from the plc, use that data to search an sql database, and then return a value from the database back to the plc. Is there any source code or drivers to do the communications? i would prefer freeware, just to see if I would be able to do it. Then I could spend money on a more expensive package if i need to.

Thanks a lot for all your help.
Old February 19th, 2003, 09:42 AM   #2
Allen Nelson
United States

ABEL

Search for Ron Gage's ABEL - Allen Bradley Ethernet Library. It's a Linux-based set of programs for talking AB-ethernet. I have no clue as to how hard it would be to translate that to a Windows C++ platform.

But I'm not aware of any freeware communications drivers, but several companies sell communication drivers, some with downloadable demo versions which will work for a period of time or with limited functionality.
Old February 19th, 2003, 11:52 AM   #3
seppoalanen
Finland

RSLinx OPC-Server/read/write-methods or DDE could be usable with ethernet or everything what RSLinx support.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum