Factorytalk View Studio 6.1 Numeric Entry

JohnJPhillips

Hi all,

I'm working on a program with a numeric display field which seems to be capped by a minimum and maximum.

This isn't a typical numeric entry, but does operate as one. When you click the field it brings up the little entry pad.

When I enter a number above 3000 or below 1000 it just keeps the old value and I need to widen the margins up a bit. It is coming up as a numeric display with a parameter linked to the value even though it can be entered from the keypad, and the connections tab does not have a minimum or maximum.

nde.PNG nde2.PNG nde3.PNG nde4.PNG

Here is what I would try:
Make a new numeric display and set it to display the tag directly so in your Numeric Display Properties, the Tag/Expression will read something like {[PLC]MyTag} and not {#157}. Do not copy and paste the existing numeric display, create one from scratch so that you are 100% sure that you are not accidentally setting min/max. See if you still have this issue. Hopefully this will help you narrow down the issue.

I haven't worked with v6.1, but in later versions the Numeric Display object is separate from the Numeric Input Enable object, which pops the keyboard. Entry limits are set in the Numeric Input Enable object properties.
Look for a Numeric Input Enable underneath the Numeric Display.