Honeywell HC900 C70S version 6.0 Help Needed!

svaliahdi

Dear Buddies,

I'm new to Honeywell product, So I start with some basic question:

I downloaded the demo version of designer software from Honeywell website, it can upload the data from HC900 but "download to controller" button is always off! It's not possible to download anythings with this version???!!

The batteries in controller were completely dead so I replace them with new ones but I still have error on diagnostics "front and rear batteries Low"!!!

For updating date and time also it send a message like "the timezone data file is missing or corrupted [timezones.dat]"!

Do you have any idea what should I do technically?

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't know about Honewell . . .
But I have a ten year old Siemens and when I replace a battery there is a
button I have to toggle letting the PLC know the battery was changed before
it will clear the 'low battery' fault.

In your case, I would imagine one would have to clear the faults then
update the date and time etc. etc. before it will let you do anything.
Poet.

1. battery
The battery or batteries (depending on age of the CPU) are 3.6V non-rechargeable lithium cells. If you use another battery technology (alkaline), there is insufficient voltage.

The batteries drain rapidly when the CPU is not powered.

2. Time
There are 'tabs' along the bottom of the development software - controller, Process, Utilities

Open the utilities tab to find the "set Controller Time" button

3. Demo mode.

I can't recall ever having used the demo software, but it wouldn't surprise me if disabling the download function was Honeywell's method of crippling a full version to create a Demo version.

I suspect the idea was to let people get comfortable doing Function Bblock logic, as opposed to ladder.

Thanks for your answer,
Battery problem resolved.
Time is not working!!! I'm trying in same way but it comeback with "the timezone data file is missing or corrupted [timezones.dat]"
Unfortunately the CD what was with PLC broken in delivery and so I have not any other version.!!
The full version is license base or it's working with any HC900?! Do you have any link to download a version with download open function?!

Thanks for your answer,
Battery problem resolved.
Time is not working!!! I'm trying in same way but it comeback with "the timezone data file is missing or corrupted [timezones.dat]"
Unfortunately the CD what was with PLC broken in delivery and so I have not any other version.!!
The full version is license base or it's working with any HC900?! Do you have any link to download a version with download open function?!

The Demo version of the software is used to allow you to learn about the software prior to purchasing the full version. It does come with some functionality beyond looking at it, but demo software doesn't normally allow full configuration functions and download functionality. If you need this you should check with your local rep to purchase the software.

The Time Zones issue was a bug in the software (actually an OS incompatibility I think) but that was fixed years ago. It should be fine if you purchase the full version of the software.