PLC data to SQL server

I have been experimenting with Linux OS using MySQL database server for this function. I'm currently using Ubuntu Linux. MySQL is also available for Windows, also open source.

Thanks KalleOlsen, I just started the IGSS download, 50 objects will be plenty for the Home automation project I'm working on.

Last edited:
Thanks Jac,

wel its actually a college project and they require that i create one that will work continually as i will be hooking it up to a real process and monitoring it for a long period.

I also have wonderware. i must create a historian with wonderware and a cheap free alternative

if there is any free software available it would be much appreciated.

i need
a method of reading data from a siemens plc
a method of storing the data
a method of displaying the data

thanks
Even the SQL is not necessary, if you got a wonderware.
The procedures are
1 install the intouch and daserver.
2 configure them.
3 create a trend window which is available in intouch library .
4 create a intouch tag reference to plc address.
5 config the tag as "logdata".
6 done.
But I am not sure that is what you need,as there is neither SQL nor program with other tools.

Cheap Commerical

Hello everyone,
I have managed to persuade the college to give some money (only about 100 - 200 euro) that i can use to buy software for my PLC datalogging project.

people have been helping me by suggesting free software in the past. now could anyone suggest some commerical software in the price range of 100 - 200 euro that would suit my project needs.

as mentioned before i requrire data historian software that can archive 4 speeds from 4 conveyers. the speed signals will be obtained forom a high speed counter. i will also require a HMI with embedded graphs that can be used to view historical data as well as a real time speed display. i will be using a siemens PLC S7 1200

any suggestions would be grateful

Hi [email protected]

Since you have Wonderware installed, you wont need to buy any additionnal software to interface with an SQL server, as jergle mentionned it previously.

Even the SQL is not necessary, if you got a wonderware.
The procedures are
1 install the intouch and daserver.
2 configure them.

You can create a Script in Intouch to select, update, delete, insert in any SQL table. All SQL instructions are available once you install the "SQL Access manager", from the installation CD.

A simple example of a SELECT instruction :

[ResultCode=]SQLSelect(ConnectionID,TableName,BindList,WhereExpr,OrderByExpr);

Your intouch application can poll an interger to get the encoder value, and a "while running" application script (each seconds or so...) would update or insert your SQL database.

I hope this helps...

I think that the product you are advertising for may be quite interesting for many, but you should not resurrect old threads for that purpose !

This is why I think PLC-Talk should have an "Advertising and product announcements" section.