Studio LogixDesigner V24 EDS problem

OK, Looking for a bit of assistance here. I have Studio 5000 Logix Designer software V24 running on my PC and laptop.
In my MAIN PLC program I have 3 Powermonitor 5000 units. All say <EDS UNREGISTERED> with a name and a question mark. If if hold the mouse over the tag I can see the IP address which is correct.
I can and have uploaded the EDS sheet from the device and created it In Administrator mode but It still doesn't work.
Ok, so software problem with studio 5K? no problem reinstall?
But,
If I open a different Studio5000 PLC program on the PC I see the 3 Powermonitor 5000's and can go online with them.

On my Laptop I have the exact same software except, I have 3 powermonitor 5000's that I can go online and read data fault state etc... using both PLC programs.

I tried going offline with the PC, deleting the Bad powermoniters then uploading as well as Trying to register offline.

The thing that gets me is it only doesn't work on one PLC program and only on 1 computer. Its just fine on the laptop.

The same file is running on both the laptop and the PC off the network drive.

Both Computers have same version of RSlinx.

Both the PC and Laptop have same .NETFramework version and windows updates.
.NET had my home computer so screwed up trying to get autocad electrical installed that I had to Format the C drive.

The first thing that comes to mind is that the EDS you pulled from the device doesn't match the way L5k/RSLinx reads the device. If this is the case, I have a possible solution.

The other case I see, depending on how I read your post, is that the devices show differently in two different programs on the same computer. If that's the case... :confused:

On the computer that works, search for *.eds and copy everything to a folder on the computer that doesn't, then register that folder. For extra credit, unregister the device (all versions!) before registering the new files.

Rockwell seems to be in the habit now of releasing "New" versions of everything about ever 0.28912 seconds. All you need is one version out of whack between the actual hardware, the Logix 5000 revision, Linx, or any other of the insane number of Rockwell pieces to break it from working on any given computer.

Download EVERY EDS file ever made, and register them all.

I downloaded all the EDS sheets from Rockwell for the PM5000 as well as upload from Device. I called Rockwell and did the support ticket. Stumped them too.
I was able to see the device on a V24 Logix Studio but not V20.
The fix: Uninstalled all version of RSlogix 5K and StudioLogix up to V30 and reinstalled from low to high. The problem processor has a redundancy module so the next software upgrade for that is StudioV30. Though I tried studioV30 upgrade alone first and it didn't fix the problem.

The PM5000 popped up on V16 but many other devices weren't registering. Once I got to StudioV24 everything was appearing correctly.
As I installed I check to see if what was working. That was two days of my life I'll never have back.

Time for Rockwell to visit this EDS problem in RSL5K and Studio5K. I prefer the way Siemens Step 7 bundles the GSD file along with the archive so that when the project is loaded in a different computer, the GSD database in the 2nd computer is automatically updated.

C'mon Rockwell, TAKE NOTE!